Thursday, September 27, 2007

Glass blowing - or glass mangling...

I was terrible!! Had a great time doing it, but I was rubbish! Nicola was much much better than me... Once I've got my pieces back I'll take some pictures and post them for everyone's amusement!

It is much harder than it looks - and our tutor Emsie made it look very easy indeed. I got so frustrated as it seemed so simple, and I just couldn't do it. Nicola took much more time than me however and I think that will be reflected in her pieces vs mine... It involves a lot of multi-tasking, which I had always thought I was ok at - little did I know! It felt like trying to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time...

Ah well - I won't be giving up my day job just yet. But now I do understand why hand blown glass is so much more expensive.

No comments: