So we headed off to Heathrow after work - so far so good. Checked in ok, and with loads of time to spare for once. However this didn't stop us having our usual airport squabble... I am getting worse and worse when I travel and just want to get to the gate. Kevin doesn't - he can look in every duty free shop going rather than go to the gate (or so it seems to my tortured soul) and we always ending up having a stressed squabble about getting to the gate, missing the flight etc etc. And this happened again :-).
We did eventually get to the gate where our plane was delayed. And delayed. And delayed. No BMI staff to question, and when the plane finally turned up we took off just short of two hours late. Interestingly I noticed on the flight back to London that if it is over 2 hours late they have to offer compensation...
So we're on the plane. All well and good. Get to Dublin - fine. Go to collect our bags... No bags. Despite the plane being almost two hours late it appears the airline could only get half of the plane's luggage on. So for the third time in my life, I am at my destination with no luggage. I now know to make sure I put my toilet bag in my hand luggage...
So after logging our skimpy details with the airline we head off into town to our hotel - The Leeson Inn. Great taxi driver - highly entertaining which helped take our minds off our lack of bags!
No comments:
Post a Comment