Saturday, February 11, 2006

Seeing where you live

I had one of those moments on Friday when I realised again that I live in London as I looked around at all the buildings. I left work about 5.30 to walk over to Leicester Square to meet Kevin. It was dusk and all the lights were coming on. I walked over the Hungerford Bridge which is my fave bridge, and looking down to my left could see the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben all lit up, then I wandered through Trafalgar Square, past the National Gallery and then up Haymarket to meet Kev. London just seemed stunning in the dusk light, and I thought about how often you just 'live' somewhere, walking from A to B, but never really looking at your surroundings. I often used to think that in Wellington as well - particularly coming from London I could never get over how stunning it used to look, and how amazing it was to live in a city that had such stunning views everywhere.

Arguments for both sides of the world I guess...

No comments: